Saturday, June 24, 2006

Tenu-icity - where am I headed with this?!

Tenu-icity (actually 'tenuity)'- I just think it's kind of weird.
What do people from big countries like the USA think when, through no fault of my own, I have tenuous connections? They must think that the UK is a very, very, very small place (though of course we are 58,789,194 in total (I just checked and I'm shocked to see that the population has increased by nearly 3 million since I last checked... and that figure is already 5 years old!).
Or do people from big countries have tenuous connections too?
Maybe the UK is very, very, very samll - and that's the point. I don't know how likely it is that I should know people that you know or that you/we have heard of.
And to be honest I've never really given this much thought and I'm generally not interested in 'celebrity' etc. I don't buy Hello magazine and can't understand why people do. I don't go out much for Gods sake! It shows, I know.
This thread is developing a life of its own (albeit maladjusted) and I think an early death could be on the cards. (Though 'tenous' means 'long and thin' as well as 'having little substance' so it may go on for a long time).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home