Sunday, April 09, 2006

Final touches

I think the album is ready except for a final editing on the final track. This will happen this evening all being well.
The final recording really happened in about February though the last six weeks or so has been a series of revisits to make slight adjustments to the odd vocal here and there and tweaks to the levels in one or two of the mixes.
I've had about five attempts at mastering it. After a while your ears become immune to sensible decision making. So I left it alone for a few weeks.
I put it on my iPod this morning and went for a walk. Today was the first time I heard it from start to finish without interuption. I've usually listened back to it whilst out and about and every single time I've bumped into someone. Even if you don't talk your concentration is interupted. If it's not people then it's traffic or some other background noise.
I actually think I've recorded a classic album as in 'Classic'. What do I mean? I mean if you asked me to find my perfect album this would be it. That shouldn't be so surprising you might think. But when I look back at all the bands I've been in before and the various influences (internal, but mostly external) it is actually very hard to maintain an idea of pure vision. Well, I've done it on this. This is my perfect album.
As such it means I really don't give a damn about reviews or what people think. This is all I wanted to do.
However, if I don't give a damn about what people think then why release it? Dangerous thinking. I suppose I have to say I hope other people like it. I want other people to like it. But if they don't I am happy enough to accept that my perfect vision is just that - MY perfect vision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home