Sunday, April 23, 2006

Still waiting for the connections?

After the last post I started to map out the family tree but got distracted following an email conversation with a guy called Alex who wanted some information about a previous existence: Belfast 1978 and the punk scene that woke that place out of its troublesome complacency for a while. Specifically Alex was interested in a band I was in then called The Androids. My initial reaction was: 'What?! I can't remember anything about that!' but then memories started to emerge.

Anyway no more of that here - it will appear in his book.

This is the third book I've contributed to in the last year about bands that I've been involved with, but the first about The Androids!

The last message from Alex referred to the demo tape I'd mentioned and he said it might be worth looking at options for releasing it. I couldn't remember whether I had the master tape and had a look - no. But then I thought it's possibly still on a shelf at Downtown Radio in Newtownards where we recorded it. I emailed them and haven't heard back, but it would be nice to think I could get it. As Alex suggested I think there'd be a fair amount of interest amongst the people who were around at that time.

So the family tree-ing sort of got side-tracked, but I'll get back to it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Keith McVeigh said...

Andrew, do you remember before the androids? There was ZONE ENDS. I was there! on my electric piano playing Sweet Jane.

5:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home